Lifelong Lay Formation
About Lifelong Lay Formation
The Office of Lifelong Lay Formation strengthens and enriches faith through the lifespan of Catholics. It’s through our services and programs that we aim to nurture those who make up our diocesan church and help them grow in their relationships with each other and Jesus Christ.
Lifelong Lay Formation (2023–2024 Videos)
Parents have the unique responsibility for the education of their children; they are the first educators or catechists. They teach by their witness of the faith, through their values and attitudes, by their Christian example of love for Christ and his church. When children are baptized, parents accept the responsibility to raise their children in the practice of the faith...
Faith formation often begins at home, and the Office of Lifelong Lay Formation strongly believes open communication and connecting with your children spiritually will encourage them to grow in their relationship with Christ.
The following resources are helpful in creating a faith-filled environment for children.
- Praying as Family
- Rights and Duties of Parents
- How to Take Young Children to Mass
- Messy Family Project
Books and Media for Catholic Families
- Catholic Family Fun: A Guide for the Adventurous, Overwhelmed, Creative or Clueless
- The Catholic Home: Celebrations and Traditions for Holidays, Feast Days and Every Day
- Catholic Traditions in the Home and Classroom: 365 Days to Celebrate a Catholic Year
- The Catholic All Year Compendium: Liturgical Living for Real Life